top of page
Formed on September 9, 1917, Company “G” of the 2nd Infantry Regiment, Illinois Reserve Militia was subject to the governor and designed to replace the National Guard mustered into federal service. With whole-hearted community response, over 100 men, ages 18 to 55, joined the training by the end of October.
Under the leadership of Capt. S.F. Beatty, the company was praised by the Inspector General for being well trained, preserving good discipline, executing accurate movements, and having a particularly good appearance.
The unit officers were also commended for their thorough understanding of their duties, soldierly bearing, and excellent instruction.
bottom of page